Monday, August 07, 2006

Milestones

Today is a big day in the salyer household with several milestones being passed:

  1. I hit the 15 pound loss mark today! The combination of calorie counting, food substitution, and exercise helped me overcome a potential disaster this weekend. We had people over to eat and Angela made 4 wonderful desserts!! They all looked good, but I (for the most part) stuck to the fresh fruit and avoided a big weight gain.
  2. Tyler started his 1st real job today! He called this AM and was very excited, we are so proud of him, he has been through a lot but he made it and I know he will be successful. I would give anything to be a fly on the wall in his classroom today.
  3. The Neon made it to Columbus this AM with no problems! no overheating, oil leaking, or other problems( THANK YOU JESUS!) This is only the 2nd time in 6 weeks I was able to drive this 35 MPG gas sipping car to work, so pray for it to keep running.

No comments: