Monday, November 06, 2006

Vacation Day 3 to End

  • Day 3 began badly with a "Low Oil Pressure" warning from the car, but added some oil and no problems until later. The trip from Hilton Head to Gatlinburg was fine with no problems. The back seat had already started to fill up with things we had bought. The trunk was already full with baggage. I had to pack more than normal because I left Sunday for Chicago for work, since I did not want to take a chance on the flight, I carried a set of clothes with me. Angela just packed like she normally does, see earlier posting for details. We met up with our friends and ate at Corky's that night.
  • Day 4 was a shopping day (aren't they all?). Anthony, Chris, and I went to a Christmas store to look at their train display, I bought 2 OSU ornaments for my Ohio State tree. Dirk and Ken met us at lunch at Cracker Barrel. We then spent the rest of the afternoon at a Bass Pro shop that was huge!! Never been in one that big before. Angela didn't buy much but was scouting out her purchases for later. Sid cooked out hot dogs and burgers for dinner. Played dominoes, was winning till others got sleepy and went to bed.
  • Day 5 more shopping! Angela and I went by ourselves. Car started giving the same warning as before so I took it to Billy at Ridge Road Automotive. Billy was a character, 64 year old chain smoker, who had his shirt unbuttoned to his belly button, but wore a coat over his shirt. He hadn't shaved all week, but I was stuck with no good options. Had to leave the car. Went to Gatlinburg, visited the Pepper Palace with the largest selection of hot sauces I have ever seen! Bought 2 jars and sampled about 20 different types. Ate at the Peddler, a great place in town with everyone and headed back to cabin. Didn't sleep well worrying about the car.
  • Day 6, Billy called at 9:00 AM and said he could find nothing wrong! Praise The Lord! Better yet he did not charge us anything. Picked up car with James, ladies went shopping again, and Anthony and Chris went to the UT game, James and I stayed around the cabin and watched the OSU game and got some of the food ready for that night. Sid cooked tenderloin and fish on the grill. (Read next posting for more details about what happened later)
  • Day 7, headed home early due to my flight was supposed to leave at 5:30 PM, ended up leaving at 8:00 PM. No problems driving home.
  • A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL! It was just good to get away and see our old friends.

3 comments:

Donna Dear said...

Hey - did you hear Miss. State beat Alabama!

Jeff (Big Daddy) Salyer said...

what is that win #1?

Donna Dear said...

NO, we are up to 3. More than last year.