Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dreary Day

We are finally getting some long overdue rain. Grass was just starting to look brown in some places. This week should be a good week at work after yesterday which was wall to wall meetings. My boss will in Chicago all next week so things are always a little slower, can get caught up on some things. Don't get me wrong I like my boss a lot and definitely have had a lot worse. somehow it it is just different.

Mark and I were discussing work last Saturday on our way to Buca. somehow we got on the subject of what kind of workers should Christians be? I have always believed that Christians need to put forth extra effort, more than others as another way of showing we are different than the world.

For me, it comes back to the cliche' that "I may be the only Christian some people ever see" or "If every Christan was just like me, what kind of world would this world be?" I really believe we need to stand out at work more than we do at home or church.

I have had people report to me, who called themselves Christians, but took every opportunity to get out of doing what was expected of them!! When I called them on it, they claimed that what happens at work was different than what happens outside, NO IT DOES NOT!

How effective of a witness would anyone have if they cannot lead by example in the simple basic things of everyday life?

Something to think about on this dreary day, time for ME to get to work!

No comments: