Sunday, June 24, 2007

Boys will be Boys #4

Tyler and Rachel were driving today from his Grandmother's house in Morehead, KY here today, when he spotted 2 puppy dogs on the side of the road. Being the good Christian boy he is, he stopped and picked them up. So now we have 2 more dogs, Tyler and Rachel for the week, so we have a house full.

Corey and Jeremiah also fell in love with the dogs, and noticed they had lots of ticks and burrs on them. Corey had the idea that after they took the tics off the dogs, they would burn them in a small coffee can. Things were going well until the fire went out and Corey had the bright idea to add GASOLINE to the embers!!! As I was screaming "No, Corey it will catch fire" you guessed the fire went from the coffee can up the gas pouring out into the gas can itself and started burning. Well Corey threw the can down (close to the house) as Tyler grabbed the hose and Corey tried to hook the hose up to the faucet, as everyone else took off running. Finally, the hose was hooked up and the fire was doused with only a small ring of burnt grass around the coffee can and a melted gas can to show for the excitement.

As Corey was telling Brandon the story, it reminded him of a time in Jackson, TN where he and his friend Will had a similar problem, but that time some of the gas got on the house and caught it in fire! (Sorry Donna and Lewis, I had not heard this story before). They got the fire out before much damage, but Brandon noted that there is still a mark on the house today!

5 comments:

sean said...

Wow, you helped me to get through
Monday, not that it was a terrible
day, but when I read this, I was in tears laughing. I can only hope my boys will grow up like yours, you have awesome sons.

Amanda said...

I have a brother that to this day is not allowed to cook because he catches things on fire. I have prayed that God will help me raise the boys, I didn't know that I needed to be praying that they don't burn the house down, I'm learning so much.... :-)

Sharon said...

Boys,Boys,Boys. I do know about BOYS!! and their stories. Tell us more about the dogs. What kind are they and who has them? Are they staying at your house?

Sharon said...

Boys, Boys, Boys. I do know about Boy stories. Tell us more about the dogs. What kind are they? Who are they living with? Love Dogs!

Jeff (Big Daddy) Salyer said...

There are 2 beagle puppies with some german shepherd markings. Tyler decided to only take one back with him, due to he got some advice that it is not a good idea to raise 2 dogs from the same litter together. Someone in Park Trails took the other one.