Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Just catching up

Wow, I did not realize it was 7/11/2007 since I last updated my blog. At least I am not as bad as Pastor Dear, 6/25/2007 last update. I thought when Pastor Shawn got here his life would be easier? Sure DD is keeping him busy!!

Here is what happened since last update:
  • Went to Chicago for 2 days worth of meeting, tried to fly back on the 6:15 AM flight, but flight was delayed 4 hours, so what else is new? almost always happens to me.
  • Signed up to take a cruise with the family the week before Christmas, never been on one, but have wanted to for a long time. Found a great deal to the Western Caribbean for 5 nights
  • Angela's sister Tammy had the great(?) idea to have a wiener roast last Saturday night! It was only about 85 outside, but she thought it would be fun? What was funny is she came to our house to cool down! Ended up being fine, cooled off very nicely when the sun started going down.
  • Tammy got the twins and Brooklyn BB guns so they were entertained the whole time shooting empty coke cans
  • Had the Salyer family reunion on Sunday (that was why we left church early, nothing wrong Pastor Shawn, it had nothing to do with the songs written in 15 sharps). Had a good time, Angela had to work, so she left early, I don't think she enjoys buffets of food, cooked by unknown people, sitting out on picnic tables on a hot day, too much.
  • Brandon & Corey organized the family softball game and their team won
  • My brother Jim and family came. Could not believe my nephew, Nathan, lost about 100 pounds! Looked like a different kid, much better.
  • Having a great week at work, nice to get up, go to work, come home, eat Angela's food, for a change. Start traveling again next week to VA and then MI at the end of the month. Do I need a tetanus shot before crossing the Michigan border?

3 comments:

Shawn Gierling said...

Apparently I'm not picking up enough of the slack. On the other hand, he has missed three of the seven Sundays I have been here.

Regarding the tetanus shot, I'm not sure; but distemper or rabies may be a problem with all those wolverines running loose up there. They should do something about that.

sean said...

yes, get all those shots, the people in Michigan would not want you, to infect their GREAT state. Maybe you will get some taste in football teams whille your there.

Only Me said...

Somethng about yellow and blue not going well together with Ohio license plates!