Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day

Well today is the Great Day! My mom calls it Valentimes Day, but it is a day where we show our love for our spouses.

Angela got me a card that says,

"When you've been married as long as we have, you learn to accept the other person's faults."

Open it up and you see, "You'll understand this if I develop some." Ha! Ha!

I also got my favorite candy from the Goumas family candy store, Rocky Road! It is 3 large marshmellows, placed next to each other, round part facing up, with pecans on top, covered with chocolate! That is 1 piece of candy, so I got 4 of those! And she even had to wait outside in line to get in!

I am very "Lucky" and blessed to married to this wonderful woman.

Which is a running joke between us. Several years ago, someone in the choir told me I had a new nickname which was "Lucky", because I was "Lucky" to be married to the piano player, Angela.

So, I found the perfect card for Angela. She loves the late great Barry White, so I found a card that when you open it, it has recording of Barry singing, "I Can't get enough of your love baby!"

BIG HIT, went over very well, I was the hero.

We are celebrating tonight with a pizza from Bruno's where we ate on our wedding night! It was one of our favorite places when we were dating.

But I am very lucky to have a wife that loves me, is a great mother to her sons, a great aunt to her nieces and nephews, and a great person.

Her love for her family amazes me, she is always willing to watch this one or feed that one, and misses them when they are not around. So on this special day I just wanted to give this special person a special message:


I LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Donna Dear said...

milk or dark? dark is my fav! yesterday afternoon that place was busy with men buying last minute gifts.

Jeff (Big Daddy) Salyer said...

milk chocolate is all I like, dark is too bitter for me.

sean said...

She's pretty lucky too, and yes she is an awesome person, we both married above ourselves.