Saturday, December 22, 2007

Cruise - Final

We finally made it back! Arrived home at 3:00 AM Thursday AM. Flight was delayed an hour. Of course Angela had to get stopped by security again in Ft. Lauderdale!

She tried to carry-on some seasonings she bought. 3 bottles each about the size of a hot pepper sauce size bottle. She forgot she had them. I had to take it back to the Skybus counter and put it my carry-on bag, pay another $5 and check my bag to Columbus. Angela was so shook up she forgot to take off her jewelry and got stopped at the metal detector. Finally made it.

The last day on ship was total wash out, rained almost all day. So overall the trip was just good, not great. Due to the weather we ended up taking a 5 day boat ride with only 5 hours off the boat in Jamaica. It was good to get away from cell phones and driving and cooking and cleaning, very relaxing.

Also, I can to appreciate 1 thing much more. My wife is a great cook! The desserts on the ship do not hold a candle to anything Angela makes. The ship may have food 24/7 (which is a good thing also!), but I will take Angela's key lime cheese cake over anything I had on the boat.

Already decided we will not take another cruise till more family or friends can go. That would make it more fun. Overall, if you have never taken a cruise, it is a good thing, maybe not in December.

No comments: