Saturday, January 05, 2008

What a day!

It was a long day today, Angela and I put away all the Christmas decorations and cleaned the house from top to bottom. Sitting here unwinding watching the Steelers get beat before going to bed.

Since the cruise we had a GREAT Christmas. Tyler came up before Christmas and then our future daughter-in-law, Rachel came up after Christmas. They stayed until 1/2/08 and then headed back to Memphis. It was great to see them both. Rachel is a great girl, just what Tyler needs. So the next big thing will be their wedding in June.

Christmas day was lots of fun. Got together with both sides of the family. I found the best gift for the "passing party". I found an illuminated motion penguin that you sit in your yard! It was something a few people actually swapped for, but Corey ended up with it.

The cruise was the big gift, so I just got an OSU shirt from Corey, a bluetooth cordless earpiece for my cell phone from Brandon, and a chronological Bible for Tyler.

Travel for work starts up again next week, got to go to Brockville, Ottawa, Canada. Brrr! I know ot will be very cold. I always seem to go to Canada in January and Arizona in July! Not fair! Oh well, it could be worse.

That's all for now, going to bed, been a long day. Got to rest up for the BIG GAME on Monday. Unlike all of our friends whose team are done playing for the year, OSU has one more game, where they will win the National Championship!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5 days into the new year and you're all cleaned up from Christmas? That's great. If I didn't work 60 hours a week, I'd at least have my tree down by now. Too bad your January travel couldn't have taken you to Key West or something. Also too bad for our Buckeyes!!!