Saturday, April 19, 2008

1974

I was over at my parents house today, helping them clean out closets and I found my senior year book from 1974 when I graduated from Newark Senior High school (I know I do not look that old).

It must be something I must have bought or got because the book has no pictures of anything from the school, just generic places to record things. Some of the interesting things I wrote down:

  • A coke costs $0.20
  • A hamburger = $0.28
  • Large pizza = $2.90
  • movie = $2.25
  • Gasoline = $0.45 per gallon!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Rock concert = $5
  • Record = $4 (who remembers those?)
  • Tapes = $5 (Who else remembers these?)
  • 4 year goal = have a Bachelor of Science degree = complete, even though it took 5 years
  • Long Term goal -= married and get a good job = Success on both counts
  • After school hangouts - Gym, Frischs and Lums
  • Best half hour program = "Happy Days"
  • Best 1 hour program = "Banacek, Kojak, Kung Fu"
  • Best new show = "All in the family"
  • Best new commentator = Jon Chancellor - NBC news
  • Best sports coverage = 1972 Olympics
  • Worst commercial= Mrs. Olsen Folgers coffee
  • Favorite album = Seals and Crofts - Diamond Girl
  • Favorite songs = American band, Diamond Girl, Jesus is just alright with me.
  • Pet = Susie, my poodle, who bit Angela the 1st time she came to our house!

5 comments:

The Buddha said...

i think susie bite penny the first time she came over, she still hates that dog to this day

glenna marshall said...

Hey, Mr. Jeff!! Mom and Dad are here visiting and mentioned you had a blog. It's good to see you here blogging! You're family looks like they're all doing well. Hop on over to our blog to keep up with our news.
Tell your family we said hello.

Glenna(Veteto) Marshall

glenna marshall said...

Also--the blog titled William and Glenna is our main blog. Just FYI. That's where we post most of our adoption updates. :)

The Buddha said...

i always tell the story, which kids dont believe, that with a $20.00 a week allowance i could:

1. FILL UP MY GAS TANK !!!!!
2. go to a movie friday night
3. go to a movie saturday night
4. put a dollar in the offring on sunday.
and still have 3 or 4 dollars leftover for the rest of the week.

i getting very scared about how people are going to make it from here on out. people aren't going to be able to afford anything. i guess i shouldnt say scared. i should say rejoyceful, cause the end is coming.
PTL

Smiths Family Blog said...

Thank you so much Jeff, I was looking around for things that happened the year I was born, now I dont have to. Your such a good friend, thanks!!!