Saturday, May 03, 2008

Dreary day (revised)

Angela made it to Memphis. She was delayed awhile in Columbus due to the storms between here and Chicago but finally got off the ground around 6:30 PM. Her flight from Chicago to Memphis was right on time. She called about 11:45 PM to let me know she was with Tyler and Tammy. I slept good knowing she was safe.

Headed to Columbus for lunch with Brandon and Corey.

Updated Sunday 5:00 PM

The boys and I ate lunch at On The Border by Easton, food = A+, salsa = C-, Turtle empandas for dessert = A+++++++++++++++

We then went and saw the new movie "Iron Man", very good!!! If you like sci-fi comic book characters made into movies, this was very good. When the movie was over the guy said we should stay and watch the last scene. Apparently, this type of movie has a scene after all of the credits, so of course we stayed. A short scene came on and Nick Fury asked Iron Man to join SHIELD.

Now I like these kind of movies but this guy next to Corey yelled out "YES" and scared me to death. So he was a much bigger nerd than me. Guess I need to add Iron Man comics to my reading list to get caught up on the plot lines.

When I got home I started scanning by parent's old slides into my computer. My mom is on a major house cleaning crusade so I wanted to make a digital copy of the family history so my sons and their kids can get a sense of what the "good old days looked like".

Here is an example: That's me in the yellow shirt several years ago. Mom and Dad and my brother Jim. Do not know what mom ate that made her face look that way!

70+ slides done, 200+ to go.


Finally I added "clustermap" on the right side ------------------->
If you click on it, you can find out where people are located when looking at the blog.
(Click on the map again after the website opens up for more detail.)

1 comment:

Donna Dear said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE On the Border chips and salsa. Their cheese dip is good as well!!!