Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Welcome to Canada, eh?

I finally made it to Brockville, Ontario, Canada. My flight was delayed out of Columbus for mechanical reasons, so I missed my connection in Washington, DC. Try not to get too worked on airplane problems. My philosophy has always been, fix the plane so i get there safely and i will deal with travel delays on the other end. Seems to have worked so far.

Silver lining behind that dark cloud (Note to self, ask Pastor Dear if this one of the myths Christan believe, for those not from our church Pastor is preaching series on myths Christians believe) was that there is a 5 guys burgers next to my gate. If I had made the flight = no lunch at 5 guys. Flight delay = 5 hour, but delicious 5 guys bacon cheeseburger and fries.

Finally made to Ottawa 5 hours later, then 1.5 hour drive to Brockville. I was so tired when i got into my room i just watched a little football and then to bed. Another good things about 5 guys, it lasts a while.

Today had lunch at Swiss Chalet, famous, here anyway, for roasted chicken, they use some kind of sauce with ginger in it, very tasty. Going to crash tonight, very tired after class, may try to find Angela a birthday present from Canada, but bed early since I have to be at airport by 0800 for a 0900 flight.

Nothing much else going on, class went great today, work getting very busy until end of year.

That's all for now, pressing on!

No comments: