Friday, September 15, 2006

Does God hear all prayers?

Last week in CONNECT class I said that God only hears prayers from those that are saved. I based this on scripture in James 5:16 and Matthew (Ask, Seek, Knock

Pastor Noel get wind of what I said and preached a mini-sermon on Sunday to clarify. (Note: this was the 1st time someone preached a sermon based on something I said)

Since we were moving Brandon back into OSU dorm last Sunday night during the service, I got the CD and listened to it twice and now I want to re-phrase my statement.

  1. God hears everything, everybody, including children, can pray to God and he hears them.
  2. There are a few examples in the Bible of when God answered the prayers of sinners.
  3. God will answer the prayers of the saved, because He said He would
  4. God may choose to answer the prayers of the unsaved, but is not obligated to.
  5. See Pastor Noel's blog for scripture supporting all of the above


Hope this clears up any confusion, remember if you are saved, it is not an issue!

Read Joshua Chapter 3 for this Sunday.

No comments: