Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Bad night last night

Well, we had waited 51 days since beating Michigan to claim our next National Championship. Everything was ready at home. The family showed up, we moved the furniture around. We even placed the buckeye helmet and bobbleheads back on the TV like we had for every game this year. I even wore my "Big Daddy" jersey that Corey got me for Christmas 2 years ago. That jersey has only been worn twice before last night. The Texas game and the Michigan game both wins. I didn't know what else to do to get ready.

We got the opening kickoff and ran it back all the way for a touchdown! Pandamonium at the house jumping and shouting, excitment all around. Little did I realize it would downhill fast from there on. During the celebration in the end zone, someone jumped on Ted Ginn's ankle and he was out for the rest of the game.

It would not have mattered, we stunk!

at times it looked like we were playing with 4 lineman not 5 because Troy Smith never had any time to do anything. Worst performance by an OSU team I can remember.

Today at work was not much better, everyone quiet and moping around. Trying to remember the good year we had.

But Remember: We were in the National Championship Game and only 1 other team made it there. We had a great year with lots of good memories, beating Texas and Michigan. don't forget, spring practice is only a few months away.

2 comments:

Smiths Family Blog said...

I was going to name my child after Troy Smith but he didnt show up for the game last night!!! (Heisman what?)
There was wailing and gnashing of teeth at home last night and here today at work. I was so disappointed I turned the game off at half time!!
The only consolation at work was that Michigan lost also so we didnt get joked by any of those fans. I cant wait to run into any SEC fans. (not naming any names, Donna D.)
All in all I am still a Buckeye fan and I have not given up on them! go bucks.

Smiths Family Blog said...

I was wondering if you could change the appearance of your Blog to something more easy on the eyes? While your doing that you could always update too.