Tuesday, July 08, 2008

California burning!

I made it to Fairfield, CA today. As we were coming in for a landing I could see the mountains on fire out the window! It looked like one side was burning and the other side was black, already burned. Luckily this area is flat, lots of farm land, no fires.

BUT it is 107 right now! Very hot, not a dry heat either.

Got a wonderful blessing with my rental car. I got a 2008 Ford Mustang convertible with 180 miles on it! I couldn't believe it, I double checked the name and it was for me! So I put the top down, the AC on full blast and drove about 2 hours from Sacramento to Fairfield.

Flight down was pretty uneventful sat by an elderly couple, had to help the lady with her seat belt, but otherwise no problems. Meetings at the plant start tomorrow!

Later!

No comments: