Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dog days of summer are here!

WOW! It is hot today, and of course I needed to be outside.


Brandon came home today and played in a softball tournament at Geller Park in Heath. Dad and I went and watched for awhile.


I came home after the 1st game and mowed part of the yard. There was a little breeze, but still hot. I came inside and cooled down a little and went back to the ballpark to watch game #3. Brandon did very well hitting the ball but still cannot run, due to his ankle. They were losing game #3 but I needed to work on my lesson for tomorrow, so I came home. Last thing I saw at the game was Brandon hitting a ball to the fence to clear the bases, maybe they came back. They had 1 more game to play. Softball is definitely a young mans game.


NOTE TO SELF: Ask Pastor Dear if he knew one of the teams in the tournament was Heath 1st Baptist! That's where we go, but I did not recognize anyone on the roster.


Tyler called and said the official wedding pictures are on the web at http://www.zackzoeller.com/ anyone can look at them and order any picture you like. Angela and I would be glad to autograph the pictures of us for a small fee, to offset the costs associated with the trip!!! (just kidding, autographs are always free for our blogger friends).


Tomorrow is the Salyer Reunion and Angela has been cooking all day, it is going to be hot again for it, but it only comes once a year and it will good to see some of my cousins, aunts, and uncles.


Angela watched Jacob the other day, here is one of the pics we took.



Finally, my baby brother started his own blog, make sure you check it out on the blog list at the right, it is titled "the other salyer family".


Did I mention it is HOT today? Go to church tomorrow!

3 comments:

Donna Dear said...

for all you yankees it is pretty much like this everyday down south

Anonymous said...

This is Amanda - it won't let me sign in at the bottom -??
Anyhow, that is odd because Drason is on the 1st baptist team and we didn't know a thing about it - so is jim crane and mark keifer and I think you would have recognized them, hmmmmm.

sean said...

your just finding out it's a young man's game, of course I only agree because Kris won't let me play, something about getting hurt.