Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Drive time thinking

As I was driving to Virginia today I had plenty of time to listen to my satellite radio. (I usually would never pay for this type of service, but without it the range of the car radio is about 50 feet). A couple of things that occurred to me:

  • Why doesn't McCain turn the tables on the liberals and blame the problems this country is in in the DEMOCRATIC congress? The liberals are quick to blame President Bush for everything, but congress has a lower approval rating than the President. The congress has stopped the drill here, drill now, pay less movement, so we are all still paying higher gas prices than we have to.
  • I want to know who benefits by all the publicity and emphasis on renewable energy. I would not be surprised if some well know liberal politicians own or invest in companies that would benefit from wind, solar, carbon credits, etc
  • I think McCain hit a home run by selecting Gov. Palin. Even with family issues with her baby and her daughter being pregnant, it shows that conservatives are real people with real issues also. We just believe that God and not the government knows best!
  • I was listening to a southern gospel radio station in West Virginia, during a break the local announcer came on the radio and called a name to congratulate them on winning the church raffle!!! They won $300+ from the church! Wow, wasn't expecting that.
  • I am staying next to Liberty University, from the front of the hotel you can see the big LU on the side of what I guess is "Liberty Mountain" that Doctor Falwell used to talk about.
  • Very excited about church, Pastor Dear was right on with his sermon on Sunday. He discussed how we make important decisions when we are voting. If you missed it get a copy.
  • CONNECT group still going full speed ahead. Added another table so we can hold 36 in the room. We are averaging over 30 the last 3 weeks, mostly due to the snacks I am sure. Thanks to all class members who are inviting and bringing people. God is pushing me to find more ways for our class to reach out to people who just need christian friends. Angela and I are praying for 2 or 3 more couple who need to get plugged into church and find other christian couple, young and "older" (you know like 40+ years old, LOL)
  • Bet I have heard 20 TV commercials for Obama or McCain since I have been writing this. It is going to a long time until November.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow you are falling behind, it's been 11 days since you updated, :)

Jeff (Big Daddy) Salyer said...

not sure what you are seeing, but there have been 3 postings since this one. Migfht hit refresh on your computer when viewing the page.