Monday, September 29, 2008

"Fireproof" the movie

We went with 6 other couples from our CONNECT group (Sunday school class) to see the new movie Fireproof. It was made by the same church in Georgia that did Facing the Giants and a few others. Overall it was pretty good, it does a good job of reminding men (and women) that keeping a marriage alive and growing is a continual process and that it takes 2 people to make it a success. If one person is a "giver" and the other is a "taker" no relationship can last very long.

I am very lucky to be married to a wonderful woman whose heart is a big as the sky. Who takes great pride in keeping a clean house, laundry under control, and meals ready, even though she works full time and is turning into a "counselor" for family and friends. Because of my love for her I try to help out around the house especially with laundry and dishes, but I could do better. One of the things I love about Angela is that she does not keep score. We are a team and we both are the better for it.

Back to the movie, if you hear a rumor about certain person tearing up, it was true. I went through 3 tissues, could have been more, but I only had 3. Guess I am getting a reputation, because someone brought me a BIG box of tissues to CONNECT group class.

Others News:
  • Tyler rented his house! Signing a 1 year lease today with a young couple
  • Brandon shot a doe on the 1st day of deer bow hunting season
  • Corey starring in a flag football league, he dominated the 1st 2 games (chip off the old block)
  • I am in my office about 6 days during October! UGH! Work and vacation travel.
  • Angela started Zoomba classes, but had to put on hold due to hip pain.
  • My mom fell and sprained her wrist and didn't tell me for 3 or 4 days, she is doing fine.

PRESS ON!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FIREPROOF IS GREAT! Thank you for the post. I saw the movie and loved it. Every couple in the country should see this film.