Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hello from Canada, eh? updated Friday with picture

Well I am in beautiful, Brockville, Ontario Canada, located on the Saint Lawrence river. It is 125 miles due north of Syracuse, NY.

It is one of those places where you can't get to from Columbus without flying through somewhere else. So I had to fly to Washington, DC, then to Ottawa, Ontario and then drive an hour to Brockville. One good thing about Canada is that there are Tim Horton's on every corner, Brockville has 6 and it only has 5,000 people! They brought in Tim Horton's coffee and donuts for the class, so it started the day off great!

My hotel has a great chef, last night was a bison burger with sweet potato french fries. It was so good I had to have dessert, which was Angela worthy to tell you how good it was. It was a mini date cake with sticky toffee pudding covered in homemade caramel and homemade whipped cream! The only problem was, it was a small portion, but it tasted great. I told Angela about it and she said she probably had 3 or 4 recipes for it! I said, well make 1 or 2 of them so I can compare!

Class today went fine, it was on understanding yourself. We used a personality profile assessment to talk about how differing personalities cause communication and conflict issues. Tomorrow is on the traditional change management class I teach.

Just talked to Tyler, he said Rachel had a minor fender bender today going to school. She didn't call Tyler or even text him about it, she waited until she got to work and then sent him an email! Tyler has planned to talk to her about this tonight. So we will see how it goes.

Tyler also said he and Rachel have already bought and opened and are using their Christmas gifts for this year. They bought each other guitars and have been playing them.

Before I left, I got to actually got to meet Brandon's friend Mandy, she does exist and seems OK.

Well it is 6:00 PM and I think I am the last one in the plant offices, which is odd. Time to go see what the chef is cooking tonight!

2 comments:

Donna Dear said...

it is so true about tim hortons there in Canada. when we went to tornoto many moons ago we were shocked by the number of them. i think tim hortons in canada is like starbucks in New York City or baptist churches in the south - one on every street corner.

donna sipes said...

I hope you understand yourself after today's class because we don't Colt! I feel bad that you must eat such horrible food!