Saturday, November 08, 2008

Weekend update

Well, it's Saturday night all the kids are gone to Blake's' 18th Birthday party. Angela is in bed catching up on her reading and I just got finished grading papers for my college class I am teaching for Mount Vernon Nazarene University.

The class is going well. I like the idea that I get to have devotions before the class starts. It helps me practice sharing my faith in a safe sort of way. I wonder if all in the class are saved, so I am praying for them to re-examine their spiritual walk with God, while they learn a little about Human Resources Management (that is the name of the class I am teaching).

Today I had grade a 25 question quiz I gave them and a paper they had to write for week 2. tomorrow, I prepare for this coming Monday. Need to write another quiz and review the material one more time.

This week was pretty long. We got back about 11:00 PM last Sunday from Gatlinburg. We drove from Gatlinburg to Nashville and spent about 4 hours with Tyler and Rachel at Opry Mills Mall. Ate an early dinner at the Rainforest Cafe and headed home about 4:00 PM. Monday night I taught class until about 10:00 PM and Wednesday I had a meeting and choir practice at church so another late night. Thursday night we ate dinner with Tammy and Gary and the twins at Olive Garden.



Friday Corey got a 10 point buck!



John and Pam came up for pizza also on Friday, nothing special just good to see them again. Tammy and Gary went to Indianapolis for a special purchase, details to follow.

The Buckeyes won today, Tennessee lost to Wyoming? and Auburn lost to some high school team I think. Penn State got beat so we could still win the Big Ten and go to the Rose Bowl if Michigan State beats Penn State and we win our last 2 games.

Go to church somewhere tomorrow! God will bless you for it!

PRESS ON!

1 comment:

Donna Dear said...

auburn did win yesterday, and my team didn't lose. i wonder if that is the deer i saw the other day crossing river road?