Saturday, March 21, 2009

safely home

Isn't it amazing how sometimes it just feels good to be home?

I was at the Mother Ship (Abbott Labs HQ in Chicago) for 3 days this week. It was a long 3 days with meetings and training sessions from 8 AM until 6 PM all 3 days. We were so busy they brought breakfast and lunch in for all 3 days.

It was a great time, and I learned a lot, but it was so exhausting, I didn't get to visit any nice places to eat, not even my fav, Walker Brothers. We all had dinner on Tuesday night at a place called Flanagan's. Since it was saint Patrick's day and I have been to Ireland, and like Irish food, I thought that it would be good. WRONG! They should have named the place "fry daddy's" because everything was fried. We ordered a combo platter appetizer, and everything on it was fried, and fried so much you could not tell the mozzarella sticks from the onion rings to the fried mushrooms. UGH! Some got sick that night from the grease, but I was OK.

Got home last night in time to watch the OSU Basketball team lose in double OT. They played hard, just no rebounds.

Today was very interesting also.

Went to parents house to check on mom. She is doing better, just needs to get some strength back. Dad wanted to go see Rhodie's place she is moving to. So I got to their house, went in and talked to mom. After about 15 minutes, I asked where dad was. She said, when I came in the garage door, he went out the front door. I looked out and sure enough, he had been sitting in my car the whole time. He said he knew I would come out eventually.

When we got back I ran the sweeper, cleaned the counter tops, and moved refrig out and cleaned behind it. I do not think it had been moved out since they moved in 1978! Nasty.

Then dad asked to cleaned out cabinet on the floor that had can goods, but he can't get to it anymore. Found a bottle of salad dressing that expired in 2002, and a bottle of ketchup that had expired in 2006. Both were unopened, but I pitched them anyway.

I owe Angela big time, she cleaned their bathroom and gave mom a shower. She is so good to them, and it makes me love her more, if possible, to see how she takes care of my parents. I got the best of the 3 sisters, that's for sure.

Aunt Rhodie is moving to Chapel Grove retirement center next week. So we will have to help her with clothes and eventually furniture. That's all for now, putting final touches on tomorrow's lesson.

Press On!

No comments: