Thursday, March 26, 2009

how do people do it?

I have been going through a lot lately, nothing major, but a lot of little things that can add up.

A sampling:
  • I have an elevated PSA level, which is a possible indicator of prostate cancer (my Dad had it and is fine now). Doctor called this week and moved up the biopsy by 3 weeks to next Thursday 4/2. (thank you Pastor Wally for praying last night a church council for me)
  • My mom's surgery went fine, but recovery is going no where. Her shoulder is OK, but now she just sits in a chair too weak to get up. What can I do?
  • Dad is trying to help her, but he is not able to get around much, and really is of little help. So now he sits by mom in her chair watching time pass with her.
  • Aunt Rhodie moving into Chapel Grove residential living, having to arrange to move her. Calling Chapel Grove and getting the information straight after they talk to Dad. He gets things mixed up. Lining up someone to move her stuff, getting her a new bed because hers from her house is too big.
  • Brandon lost his job, Corey getting ready to try to find one.
  • Things at work are going fine, but who can have a safe feeling about any job right now.
  • Went to Giant Eagle on Tuesday night, came out, car would not start! I tried for 20 minutes, no luck called AAA. 10 minutes later tried again and it started right up. Stress and relief in 30 short minutes.
  • Had enough? Need more examples? Just look at your 401K, if you are lucky enough to have one.

My point is, through all this I know God is in control. As long as I am faithful and true to him and stay in His will all things will be fine.

So back to the title, how do people do it that have no foundation in Christ? What do they do when the wind blows, and waves rock the boat?

Psalm 146:5 says "Happy is he that hath God for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God."

In times of struggle I have always found that people react 1 or 2 ways:

  1. They run to God
  2. They run away from God

How about you? Which way are running? If you are just sitting still, then I think you are running away from God, because God never wants us to stay still.

Press On! and keep praying

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Grandpa Keen lives at Chapel Grove - they have some strange rules, both for the condo's and for the residence - call me and we can talk - also have some resources for your mom if she lives around here? even if not they may be able to put in touch with the right people where she lives. Hope things turn out well, we are praying for you.