Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Back to work

I started back to work yesterday. Working half days all week to get my strength back. I didn't know how tired I was yesterday when I got home, but while reading the paper I fell asleep for an hour. Felt good when I woke up, yesterday was the most active day in a long time.

Everyone at work was glad to see me, it was good to see them as well. Several co-workers from Chicago also called to check in. I work with a great group of people and I am very thankful for my job.

Things with recovery still going very well, just still a little sore around incision when I bend over or move quickly. Continue to pray for Pam, Angela's sister, cancer back in her thyroid and lymph nodes. Sees Surgeon at OSU week after next.

Brandon and Corey still playing lots of softball, wish I could go, but have trouble sitting on hard seats. Corey still looking for job. Tyler did well in 1st BBQ contest in Jackson, TN last weekend. He called today and someone offered to sponsor him this weekend, if he came back for another contest! He is so excited, can Food TV Network be far behind? We need to get Angela there to compete in the dessert contests.

Only interesting thing that is happened is Gary went to the auction last week, he bought about 40 Dept 56 houses. They are porcelain collectibles, that people display around the house. Problem is, they don't collect them, not sure why he bought them other than he got a "good deal" on them. Tammy was not happy, so he is trying to sell them. If interested me a call and I will give you their phone number.

Pressing on! In Christ Alone!

No comments: