Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Thank you for your oustanding contribution"

That was the message on the award I received yesterday, ironic isn't it?

Go back a few days, we got a call from Fedex saying there was an important package coming that we had to sign for. Being the optimist I am, I was thinking we had won a major prize from some sweepstakes or maybe keys to a new car. I even thought that maybe it was some more papers from Abbott about the downsizing.

So yesterday, I had a meeting in Columbus with the outplacement firm, and while I was gone it came!!! A big box from Abbott!! So I began to wonder, was it stuff from my desk that I forgot? Did I win a lifetime supply for Zone bars?

It was neither, it was a very nice award to sit on your desk from a project team I had been working with before I left. I really appreciate it, they could have have not went to the expense of sending it and I would have not known either way.

I just wish they had sent it to the person who picked me to lose my job, maybe it would have changed their mind.

"...I know who holds the future, and I know who holds my hand."

No comments: