Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Unemployed week 2

Well not much has happened on the job front :(. There are a few jobs in the Columbus area I have applied but have not heard anything. I remember from the last time being downsized that companies work at the their own pace, and it slow to someone waiting for a call.

Calls and emails have slowed down from my old coworkers (but not stopped). Went to my 1st meeting at the outplacement agency, was surprised by some of the other people I knew. 1 guy had worked for Abbott for 35 years! Another over 20, most of the rest of us were between 6 and 8 years. Some taking it much harder than me, but it is their 1st time being out of work in a long time.

There is news with Mom this week. They moved her to the convalescent wing of Newark Healthcare. Her Doctor now thinks she has a form of Parkinson's disease. The good news is I think the meds they have her on seems to be helping. Taking Dad down in the morning to get mom signed up for Medicaid to help pay her bills.

Still have mixed feelings about mom being there, she is safe and has people to take better care of her than my dad can. On the other hand, it is sad to see her physically unable to even get out of bed herself. Not sure she will ever walk out of that place. I know dad is missing her being at home.

Think I have dad convinced to sell his house and move to a place much smaller and closer to mom. That is the next step, getting the house cleaned out and ready to sell. LOTS of work ahead on that front.

Still working out everyday I can, walking on treadmill and Crossbow machine. Keeping busy between Aunt Rhoda, mom, dad, teaching college class and church, so time is moving pretty fast.

That's all for this week, remember "...I know who holds the future, and I know who holds my hand."

No comments: