Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Starting Phase 2 of Jeff’s Middle East Adventure

 

Well I am back in Qatar to complete my contract with Celerant Consulting. Qatar is just like I left it, when I got off the plane at 7 PM it was 102 degrees and windy. My apartment was covered in dust on the inside since the doors and windows do not seal very well. Spent about the 1st hour just cleaning up before unpacking.

Have a little bit of cough and sneezing, think it is mostly from the dust in the air. But generally feeling fine. Got over the jet lag in about 3 days. I was supposed to come back last Friday, but flight was canceled in DC, before I left, so got to spend another day at home. The bad part was that I arrived Saturday in Qatar and had to work Sunday (remember their workweek is Sunday through Thursday).

Miss Angela and home, but Skype really helps, would not know how to survive without it. Skyped with Brandon and Julie, Tyler and Rachel on Father’s Day, Corey chose the Twitter route to be different. It was good to talk to them. Somehow the Father’s Day presents didn’t arrive in Qatar but sure they will be waiting when I get home. LOL

That’s all for now, keep Angela in your prayers for her upcoming surgery. Also pray for my Uncle Henry’s family who passed away while I was home. Give the family the strength to get through it and draw closer to God as result.

No comments: