Monday, June 06, 2011

winding down phase 1

This is my last week in Qatar for Phase 1 of this project. I arrive back in Columbus this Friday PM, get to stay home for a week, and then back for Phase 2. That schedule depends on what Angela finds out at the Surgeon on Wednesday.

The TV over here is kind of interesting. In the apartment I get 5 English speaking channels, Fox News is my favorite, usually Bill O'Reilly is on before I go to work, so I watch him while eating breakfast.

Other channels have a variety of shows, not really tied to a network, but seems like a combination of CBS (CSI:NY, for example) and NBC (The Office). One show I have watched but do no get is "Gossip Girls", seems like a soap opera so it is hard to follow, starting in middle. Everything here is edited so cannot really tell what type of show it is.

Will not miss the 0330 AM wake up pray time everyday from the nearby mosque. Imagine in the USA what would happen if 5 times during the day TV shows are interrupted for a prayer time. Actually it would be a good idea if all christians prayed 5 times a day, wonder how that would change ourselves, workplaces, and our country.
Brought a personal DVD player with me. I am watching Season one of "24", almost done but his poor daughter just got kidnapped for the 3rd time during this season! Jack was captured by the evil Victor Drason, but somehow I think Jack will survive. Hope so, I also brought along Season 2.
Got to drive tonight for the 1st time in Qatar! No problems, but long story. No problems with any of the roundabout intersections. The car was almost empty of fuel, so we filled it up for $1 per gallon!!!! Wish I could bring a tanker truck home for everyone.
Cannot wait to see you next week! Keep me in your prayers for safe travel and Angela as she goes to Dr. later this week.
Pressing On!!!

No comments: