Monday, October 16, 2006

CONNECT Group 10/15

It started out like any other Sunday morning CONNECT group, with snacks and coffee and the group settling in. Amanda asked me ahead of time if she could share a praise and of course I said yes.

She stood up and for the next 5 minutes or so, told how God was working in her life, healing her marriage and giving her life meaning again. How God had closed doors until she realized she needed to seek God's will in her life instead of her own.

Then someone else shared a recent example of how God was real in their life and working right now! This continued on for over 30 minutes, and I realized that there was no need for a lesson from me that day. God softened our hearts and the class provided the content.

We laughed and cried, prayed and thanked God for the amazing way He is moving in our lives. It was a day that the Spirit moved in a way that only He can. You cannot plan for anything like that, but we just have to be sensitive to it.

It reminded Angela and I of some of the special times we had with friends back in Jackson, TN. That is a special group of people that we will always share a special bond with. It only made me more excited about seeing them all again in Gatlinburg in November.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping you would comment on yesterdays Connect group, what a moving beautiful day it was. GOD is so good.