Monday, October 30, 2006

Vacation Day 1

We left yesterday after church and drove south of Charleston, SC. Great weather, saw 1 bad wreck, but otherwise uneventful, until we got to the hotel.

We went to a nearby Subway where Angela ordered a salad, it was interesting because the girl who took her order had some kind of a cajun accent. She asked Angela if she wanted crackers, which Angela interpreted as her asking if she wanted no-fat dressing? Not even close, but I stepped in a interpreted. When we paid for the salad, I looked in the bag and saw no fork was present, so I asked for one. The girl looked at me and said they didn't have any! Angela asked how she was going to eat her salad and the raging Cajun offered up a spoon! Luckily, the hotel had a fork so momma was happy!

When we checked in, the only room was on the 2nd floor. When we brought our luggage in Angela asked where the elevator was, and was told they didn't have one! Now if you have seen those movies about people bringing lots of luggage, they have nothing on my wife. I have 1 suitcase, 1 laptop, and 1 other small bag. Angela has 2 suitcases, 2 makeup bags, 1 bag with nothing but stuff to read on the trip, and a bag full of hair curlers. We (me) got to drag them up the stairs and then back down this morning.

Today we got to Hilton Head about 1:00 and checked in at our oceanview room, pictures to follow. We then drove to Savannah, GA and had a late lunch at Uncle Bubba's Oyster House. Angela is now a fan of raw oysters!!! Uncle Bubba was there, but outside in a meeting so we only saw his back. While here we found out that Paula's Party Show is filmed there, so I got a picture of Angela standing where Paula Deen stands, she was so thrilled!!!!

Later we walked around River Street in Savannah for couple of hours, found the River Street Sweets known for their Pralines (pronounced Pray-leens). To our (my) good luck they had their Halloween candy 50% off, so I made up for it by buying more than I would have! It is good stuff, whatever is left, I will share, but don't hold your breath.

We also found the "Lady and Sons" restaurant where we are going tomorrow. Didn't look like much, but it is on the inside that counts. More on that tomorrow.

Finally, we went to a kitchen store where I found my Christmas passing party gift for the Allen family get together, while Angela found a few things that I know will benefit my stomach in the end, so I bought them for her.

A good time was had by all!

1 comment:

Donna Dear said...

PLEASE!!! bring me a praline (maybe Noel one too). After all I was the one who recommended the store. I only get to have them once a year when we get to go to the beach. It is Pastor Appreciation Month.