Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas Report

We are having a great Christmas at the Salyers. Angela and Rachel are asleep, Tyler is watching TV, Corey is at Kyles, and Brandon is at the Thomas'. I am catching up on email and after reading Pastor Noel's blog, I am glad things are quiet here.

It was a hectic time on Christmas day, but the boys slept in until 8:30 AM, the latest present opening time ever. I was of no help to Angela, due to the broken ankle, and Angela kept forgetting to bring out presents! We were all done and she found more of Tyler's presents, thought we were done again and Brandon found one more for me! Angela just had a lot on her this week, but all is well that ends well.

By my account this was the best Christmas ever. Everyone got something they wanted, and something they were surprised to get. Angela was the big winner of the day with a "dream" blanket, food processor, and silver punch bowl being the big things. I got some clothes, a new book to read, my Woody Hayes picture re-framed, Bible software, and Civil War DVD set.

Angela's family showed up (25 people) for dinner and gift exchange, I got some stupid Ostrich, but Tyler traded me, since it came with an OSU shirt. It was lots of fun with all leaving around 10:00 PM.

Today, Angela, Rachel, Tyler and I went to the mall and bought a few little things, tomorrow is Easton!

Ankle doing fine, went back to doctor, new X-ray showed nothing bad, so I get to stay in the walking boot and 1 crutch.

1 comment:

Donna Dear said...

glad to hear angela got her silver punch bowl!