Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Califormia Day #2

  • The 2nd day started by meeting the Fairfield, CA plant staff and touring the the facility. They make bars (Zone and Glucerna primarily). It is the smallest of all the plants in our division with only 200 people.
  • After leaving the plant, I stopped at the Jelly Belly jelly bean factory which is right across the street from the Abbott plant. Did not have the time to take the tour, but went into the visitors center and bought some jelly beans, Angela does like them so I can share her part if it anyone is interested.
  • Then drove about 2 hours southwest to Monterrey, CA right on the ocean. My room has a partial view. I guess there was famous old book written about Cannery Row here, but if I read it I forgot it.
  • The whole group went to dinner at a seafood place on the ocean and they made me order the lobster, it also came with shrimp and scallops, so I was very happy we had to walk a little to get back to where we parked. IT WAS VERY GOOD!

No comments: