Monday, September 17, 2007

California - Day #1 - random thoughts

Yesterday was a very long day. Flying from Columbus to Chicago to Sacramento (6 hours in the air) then drive 1 hour to Fairfield, CA, UGH!
  • Heard church was great, thanks to Billy for teaching for me, hope someone remembered to turn the coffee pots off.
  • Never have flown into this part of California before, the airport is about 10 miles from civilization, completely surrounded by farms and fields, very pretty though.
  • Traffic was nuts even at 6:00 PM local time (9:00 PM in O-H-I-O). 3 lanes each way going about 75 MPH both ways on I-80. Rental car is a little Ford Focus and it was doing about all it could to keep up.
  • Hate that i missed the Browns game, it figures, the game I miss is when they score 51 points! Brady who?
  • Sat next to guy with a Michigan shirt on the flight, made sure they kept sharp objects away from him.
  • Very nice room, has a "comfort" bed so you can dial in the firmness you want, almost made up for not having my baby doll (Angela, if you did not know) sleeping next to me. Missing her already, but Brandon came home so I am sure she will be busy today, anyway.
  • Getting ready to go to the Plant today, will have a day #2 report later.

1 comment:

Only Me said...

That's definetly a good thing to keep the sharp objects away from anyone for michigan.

Stay safe, see ya soon.