Thursday, September 20, 2007

California - Day 5

  • Well this ended up being the last day in CA. The meeting that was supposed to last all day was over by noon. So I called the travel agent to see if I could come home a day earlier, because I miss my sons (see comment on previous blog) and their mother.
  • The journey from Alameda north to Sacramento was going to be tight time wise, so I had to go kind of fast sometimes (forgiveness was asked for any time a speed limit was broken by more than 10 MPH (which was a lot)
  • At this tunnel outside of Oakland the traffic went from 4 lanes to 2 lanes so lost a lot of time waiting.
  • The plane was supposed to leave at 1:45 PM, and as that time approached, I knew that in spite of my NASCAR type driving, I was not going to make it. So I started praying that if I was supposed to come home tonight the Lord would have to delay the take off of the plane.
  • When I turned in my rental car, there was a problem with the receipt, so I had to go inside, where they were training someone new, which took more time.
  • Finally got on the shuttle and the driver kept waiting and waiting to let more people get on.
  • The United stop was the 3rd of 4 stops putting my farther behind.
  • Got into the terminal at 2:10 PM, walked to the counter and asked what my options were because I had missed my flight and it was the last United flight out of there today.
  • The guy looked at the computer screen and said, "It's just now starting to board"!! I said "PRAISE THE LORD!!!".
  • I hurried down and made the flight with time to spare. I am writing this in Chicago waiting for the flight to Columbus. I told Angela this story and also said that if anything happens to me between now and the time I get home, it was definitely God's plan for me today!!
  • It was a good week with making new friends, eating great food, and seeing some amazing sites, but glad to be home

3 comments:

Donna Dear said...

no wonder i could't get angela at home.

Amanda said...

What are the chances of that ;-)

Jeff (Big Daddy) Salyer said...

100%!