Friday, January 16, 2009

Back in the saddle

Being the good employee I am, and I like to keep my job, today I came back to work. And yes it was cold.

It took several attempts to get the car started, when I did the temperature gauge said the outside temp was -15 degrees. The temperature of my coolant in the radiator was -8 degrees!

I let the car run until the coolant temp hit 100 degrees and then I went slowly down the highway letting my 1992 Cadillac with 202,000+ miles warm up nice and slow. By the time I hit 161 the car was starting to warm up, and made it to work with no problems.

Until I went outside at lunch time. Angela was in Columbus (this is her short day), so we all met at Red Robin for lunch. When I went to my car to start it, nothing happened when I turned the key. UGH! Than a message came on that said the anti-theft system was engaged and I had to remove the key and wait 3 minutes.

I have had this car for over a year and didn't even know it had an anti-theft system. I'll have to ask Wally about it. It must work, because the car has never come up missing since I owned it, which is a good thing. I waited the 3 minutes and the car started fine. Corey said his car barely started and all of the presets on the radio had cleared themselves out.

At Red Robin, I got the usual, Royal Red Robin with a fried egg and bacon and cheese on it. YUM! Planning on an hour on Wii Fit tonight to make up for it, but it was worth it.

Also, today Corey told Angela he needed a calendar (why I will never know) and something else small, so they went to Wal-Mart where I am sure she bought him over $100 worth of food.

I think she does this so he will not need to come home, but not sure. Don't get me wrong, we love all of the boys, but things get dirty quick when they are there. Last Sunday, Brandon came home to hunt with Charlie, when we got home from church, there was mud everywhere from Brandon's hunting stuff. When Angela asked him about it, of course it was not his, and he blamed it all on Corey. So from now on there is a $50 cleaning fee to hunters who make a mess.

Good news is that it will be 40 degrees warmer on Saturday, bad news it will still only be in the 20's with snow likely. So stay warm and be careful.

No comments: