Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Crazy Week it was

If you have not heard, it was long week in the Salyer household.

It started on Tuesday, when I went for my 1st colonoscopy. People told me that the prep was worse than the procedure, and that was only true because you sleep through the procedure. My sister-in-law Pam sent me a copy of a colonoscopy journal from a news commentator Dave Barry. Here is an excerpt:

“Then, in the evening before the procedure, I took the MoviPrep. You mix two packets of powder together in a one-liter plastic jug, then you fill it with lukewarm water. (For those unfamiliar with the metric system, a liter is about 32 gallons.) Then you have to drink the whole jug. This takes about an hour, because MoviPrep tastes - and here I am being kind - like a mixture of goat spit and urinal cleanser, with just a hint of lemon.”

I agree. When I woke up, Angela said I talked a little funny, saying things like "is this heaven? Are you my angel?" to Angela. All I remember was Angela spilling the fries in the car on the way home. Pastor Dear called that night and said I was still talking kind of funny, all I remember was they gave me some good stuff, because I do not remember a thing, thankfully.

On Wednesday, we got up at 3:00 AM to head to Columbus for Angela's surgery. We had to be there at 6:00 AM. The weather was terrible and it took us 90 minutes to get there. The surgery went fine, but when the doctor came out to tell me the results, she went to the wrong personand told him that the ovary came out fine with no complications.

The guy looked very worried, shocked really, but I jumped in and told the the doctor who I was, she apologized and confirmed that Angela was fine. I later talked to the guy and found out why he was upset, his wife was in there for a nose job! I guess I would have been shocked also.

Anyway, we got home late afternoon, things went fine rest of Wednesday, on Thursday Angela got up and had trouble taking deep breaths. About 4:00 PM we headed back to Mount Carmel ER, where they checked Angela out. They found out she had a partially collapsed lung!!! They gave her some medicine and kept her overnight.

On Friday they did a stress test on her heart, all things came back fine. And we finally got home yesterday evening. What long and exhausting 4 days.

Thanks to Kim and Regina for bringing food and those that called and checked on us! Keep praying for Angela to get her strength back.

No comments: