Thursday, January 22, 2009

What a 24 hours

It has been an interesting last 24 hours.

It all started with my car. It sounds like the heating blower is going out, when I turn it on it sounds like a very loud goose is being strangled, so I only run it when I have to. A new part will only be about $50 IF I can figure out how to put it on myself.

Then at 10:00 AM Wednesday, I supposed to have a business call with someone in the Netherlands. The phone rang, it was the Netherlands, so I had a 15 min phone call with someone about a project they were working on (they needed my advice).

When I got all done and said goodbye and hung up the phone, it rang again, from the Netherlands, it was the person who I thought i was talking to, apologizing for being late. I had a 15 min conversation with the wrong person and didn't even know it until the correct person called!!

Had a lengthy church council meeting last night, got home after 10:00 PM, talked to my queen a little, went to bed. Then the phone rang. At 3:30 AM! It was someone from my CONNECT group at church, but when I answered it, they had hung up. Angela (my queen), called this AM to make sure things were OK, and they claimed not to have called! He said he fell asleep on the couch and must have rolled over on it. We owe them one.

Today, so far, things are fine. Had another call with someone in the Netherlands, correct person this time. Confirmed details of my trip to Europe in February.

I feel like I have not slept at all, eyes burning, but Angela said I went back right back to sleep. Have another meeting at church tonight, hopefully short, but with who is conducting the meeting I am not optimistic.

Press On!

No comments: