Thursday, April 02, 2009

Now the waiting begins

Just got home a few hours ago from my biopsy. Without going into details, I would not recommend anyone doing this that does not have to. The Doctor told me that the results would back within 7 to 10 days, so now the waiting begins.

When I got there I was so nervous (imagine that) my blood pressure was 160 over 110! But I really felt the prayers and got calmed down before the Doctor came in.

I wore an Ohio State shirt and my OSU watch and as Doctor Kaufman came in he took one look at me and said, "I went to Michigan State". I thought I was in big trouble after that, but we talked basketball the whole time, and I think that was God's way to get my mind off of things.

Yesterday, Brandon and Corey and I got Aunt Rhodie moved into Chapel Grove. Angela went out there today and Rhodie loves it!!!! She has already found someone from where she was raised, so things there are going very well.

Brandon also played a stupid April Fool's joke that was so dumb, I am not even going to talk about it. Guess with everything going on, my emotions are still a little raw.

Congrats to my nephew, Nate and his new Bride, Beth. They got married yesterday as well.

Working from home tomorrow to let things heal up some more. Thanks to all who called, sent emails, and prayed for us today, I felt the prayers.

Pressing On!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ran across your blog in a search for the Salyer name. I enjoyed readng it except for the OSU part I'm a UT VOL. My name is also Jeff Salyer and I too follow Jesus.I will be prayng for you. Drop me and email sometime. jsalyer5@comcast.net