Tuesday, April 21, 2009

1st Aid 1st

I was talking to a Christian friend at work today about my cancer and he relayed a story his Pastor shared with his family when they were going through some medical problems with their son.

His Pastor told him there are 3 types of aid available in our lives:

1st Aid should taking our concerns to God
2nd Aid should be taking our requests to fellow believers
3rd Aid should be going to the Doctor or other medical professional.

The Pastor made the point that this can happen in a short period of time, because we do not know God's plan for us. Sometimes God chooses to heal quickly, sometimes slowly, and sometimes not at all, until we get a new body in Heaven.

God also works through Doctors to bring his plans for us to reality. So it does not show a lack of faith to go to the Doctor.

Something to keep in mind for the future.

Praise Report: Pam Thomas thyroid surgery went fine, no cancer!

1 comment:

vdavisson said...

Jeff,

I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma last year in April. The disease had already caused kidney failure and I had to undergo dialysis three days per week (I am still on dialysis). The cancer cell penetration of the was 26%.

MM is designated as incurable and almost never goes into remission (less than 5%).

In May my oncologist started me on a mild form of chemotherapy called Velcade, which blocks the effect of the bad protein the cancer cells make. However I also went on a vegan diet with a number of raw foods and somewhat unusual supplements.

By December, after a second biopsy, the cancer cells were gone.

If you want my cancer protocol, I would be glad to send it to you. You can email me at vdavisson -at- gmail -dot- com.

Thanks and may God bless you.

Vicki