Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pre-op testing

Today I went back to my family doctor for my pre-operation testing. Since I had most of the tests only 2 months ago I only needed to redo a few things. Like blood tests.

I am not bad when it comes to needles, really don't mind them too much. I give blood regularly when the Red Cross blood drive comes to work. Two things i do know about myself are:

  1. I have the best blood type = A+, like a grade in school
  2. I have deep veins

I tried to tell the phlebotomist that, and that everyone has the best luck on my right arm. Well of course she tried the left arm, and did not hit the vein. UGH@! Nothing came out. That's when I get a little nervous. Are they going to try and move it around in there trying to find the vein? That hurts when they do that.

Luckily she pulled the needle out and went to the right arm and hit it right away. Wish she would have listened to me the first time.

Talked to Dr. Campbell, who must be all of 30, about what had happened since the first PSA test. He was very supportive, took a lot of time and we talked about many things that I will be facing over the next month. He took his time and stayed there until I had no more questions. I told him he is the one who got the ball rolling during my physical, told him the story of how God is working in this. I like him, if you need a family doctor, I recommend him.

Rest of day we moved more of Aunt Rhoda's stuff to Chapel Grove, then took her to Olive Garden. Angela had picked her up at 11 AM and they had been at her house all day cleaning and pitching stuff out.

Praise Report: My mom went out to eat! Her and dad went to Garfield's after her therapy. She even got her nails done. Hope this means she is turning the corner.

Keep praying for sister in law Pam and her thyroid.

Pressing On! In Christ Alone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for keeping us posted; it helps us know exactly how to pray for you. So glad God is keeping you busy - that's always the way He works. He just won't let us think it's all about us, will He?

In Christ Alone is one of our favorite songs. So-o-o-o powerful. If we believe it, there is NO reason to EVER fear!

Love ya,
Chris and Dirk