Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Salyer Curse

The Salyer family does not do well in English classes. I call it the Salyer Curse. That is the only class I would tell the boys that as long as they got a "C" it would be OK. For some reason English Class was always a mystery to me. I can talk it, I write in English, but understanding the details of the language are like speaking Greek.

(to prove my point, when Angela read this, she thought I was being funny and left out the word "do" above. It wasn't on purpose, I added it later)

I thought Corey was adopted 1 time because he got an "A" in English, but he assured me it was because the teacher liked him.

Tyler got the job! ( 1 down and 2 more boys to go). The interview went very well. They told him he was 1 of 6 candidates, some with more education than him, but the principal called and offered him the job that afternoon! He is very excited and can't wait.

Guess what Tyler is teaching? See the 1st paragraph. That's right, 5th Grade English!! God has a sense of humor!! The principal told him not to worry, take the job, that doesn't mean he will have to teach it every year.

Final note, reason # 995 I love my wife. Came home Friday night to the best dinner I had had in a long time. Shrimp, new potatoes, corn, fresh green beans, biscuits, and peanut butter dessert!! Diet took a step back that night, but I walked my 2 miles on Saturday trying to get things back under control.

No comments: