Monday, March 24, 2008

4,057 hits

4,057 views on my blog. That number greeted me today as I signed in. It is hard to imagine that I say enough interesting things that people want to read it.

123 posts - That is also hard to believe that this is the 124th time I have found things from my life interesting enough to share with people. That is the easy part, with 3 active sons, a wonderful wife, and the opportunity to travel for my work, I have found that things that really happen in life are much more funny than things anyone can make up.

4,000 deaths - As I am writing this, the news mentioned that over the weekend, the US passed 4,000 brave soldiers had passed away in Iraq. To me, it reminds me that we need to pray and thank God that people are willing to defend the freedoms we have.

A freedom that is often overlooked is the freedom of religion. Yesterday we celebrated Resurrection day all over the country, in many churches, of many different faiths. I even had 2 Mormon's knock on my door on Easter Sunday. The only thing we agreed on is that Jesus is risen, but there they were sharing their faith, misguided as it is, with others.

Some would say the battle we are fighting is not worth it, we should just leave, but I think not. Who knows what the future would have been if our leaders had not decided to pay the price to protect all of the freedoms we have, that some on the other side are dieing trying to take away.

  1. Say an extra prayer today for the families of those who have paid the ultimate price.
  2. Pray for the ministers and chaplains serving in Iraq that their message of salvation is heard, understood, and accepted by those in the service.
  3. Pray for our leaders of our country for wisdom and discernment on what to do next.
  4. During the family gathering over the weekend, Pam mentioned she had talked to someone currently in the Army, and asked her what the soldiers actually thought about the war, and whether we should leave or not. The answer was very telling, the soldier told Pam that there are very few Democrats in the Army! She explained that almost all of the soldiers she is around support the war effort and want to finish the job.
  5. Thank God for all of the freedoms we have have here that we take for granted.

No comments: