Sunday, March 02, 2008

Baked Beans for Breakfast?

Well I made to Ireland OK. Long trip = Newark - Columbus - Washington - London - Dublin and then a 90 minute ride to Cavan, Ireland.

The driver said he knew a short cut to avoid all the Church traffic, so I saw parts of Ireland most people would not get a chance to see. Did not look much different than last time (I was in Sligo which is about 2 hours the other way last year). Narrow roads, villages with narrow sidewalks, narrow cars, Narrow bath tubs in my room to take a shower. Is everything getting narrower or is it me? Nay, things are just getting smaller.

Nothing exciting happened during the trip. The dumbest thing was right in Columbus, going through security and I got behind a guy who had never flown before, took forever (worse than
Angela on the cruise). He was nervous like he was taking something bad on the plane (again like Angela on the cruise). He took 3 bins for all of his stuff, when he really needed 1. He was so nervous that when he finally made it through he left his laptop at security! I had to tell him it was back there.

On the flight from London to Dublin we got an official Irish breakfast: scrambled eggs, banger sausage, rasher bacon, 5 little potatoes, and baked beans, YUCK! I do not mind baked beans at all but for BREAKFAST, NO WAY! Couldn't believe I ate them anyway, too hungry.

A few details, it is 5 hours ahead over here, so Shawn is probably leading the singing at church. Flight from Washington to London took 6 hours. We were delayed an hour at Washington due to the strong tail wind across the Atlantic. London has a law that planes cannot land before 6:00 AM local time. The wind was so strong we made up the hour and more, had to circle a little so we could land on time.

That's about all for now, keep Andrews family in your prayers this week, Angela said Rochelle's mom passed away, they were on the road last night, going to be a long week for them and then Billy starts his new job next Monday.

I'll update as I get a chance and if anything interesting happens. Promise it will be more than the Kenya Team! Just kidding. By the way Pastor Dear gave me the best book to read, called Safely Home (I forget the author cause I have to sit in the lobby to get an Internet connection) about the persecution of Christians in China. WOW! It is a real page turner I read about 50% of it already. Ask him for a copy. he had a bunch in Carla's office.

Well I miss my baby doll already, boys take care of your mother, TTYL.

Big Daddy

2 comments:

Smiths Family Blog said...

Baked Beans for breakfast? Sounds pretty good actually over a sausage and pepper jack omelete. Making me hungry. Oh the book you are talking about is by Randy Alcorn and it sure is a page turner!!

Donna Dear said...

you should ask dear hubby about the english peas he tried.