Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hello from Ireland - Round 2

Made it on Tuesday, with no delays or problems. Left Chicago on Monday night and arrived London o700 local time, 3:00 AM Newark time. Flew on to Dublin at 9:00 AM, arrived at 10:00 AM, no problems. I call this Round 2 because I was just here a few weeks ago.

London Heathrow airport is a real pain to get around. It is old and hard to navigate. I heard they are opening a big new terminal for international flights soon. That will be nice. Imagine walking through a large corrugated drain tube and that is what it is like. Very small waiting areas, etc.

Made it to the hotel, very small rooms in this hotel, maybe smallest ever. Definitely has the smallest elevator (they call it a lift) I have been in. Think about the size of our 1/2 bathroom downstairs and its about that size. Straight in and out with the luggage.

One thing I forgot to mention last time is they do not use wash rags in Ireland, none in this hotel or the last one I was in. Just hand size towels and regular bath towels. Plenty of soap, so it not a cleanliness issue at all. just a little weird.

Everyone asks me about the food. In Ireland it is not too much different than the USA. Steaks, chicken, fish all cooked the same way we would. They do have something called "brown sauce" in addition to ketchup. Not sure what is made out of, tastes like very weak soy sauce, but much thicker.

I was only able to take about a 1 hour nap before coming to the plant to teach a class. Was very tired, did not sleep much on the plane due to the guy next to me kept his light on all night. Watched a movie I think was called "August Rush", Robin Williams had a small role, pretty good for whole family. I did tear up, because a 10 year boy who was seperated at birth found his real mother and father. Great ending!

On plane watched my podcasts of Robin Meade from CNN. WOW! If are not watching her in the AM you need to start. She is very smart, does a fast paced show,and she is easy on the eyes. Also listened to Dr. Albert Mohler podcast of his radio show and Mike and Mike in the Morning.

If you don't know what a podcast is, ask your kids. Basically it is a downloadable verison of a show that you can watch on an mp3 player or on my Zune.

Nothing else really funny or interesting happening so far. Will update when possible, see y'all soon.

Pray for Amy

No comments: