Friday, March 07, 2008

Starting home!

Last night's dinner was very good, but a man can only eat so many 5 course meals, so tonight I continued my tradition of when I am out of the country eating a meal before heading home at .......

Burger King

That's right I ate tonight at the BK in the airport in Amsterdam. I am staying at the Sheraton at the airport. It's connected to the terminal, so I walked over, did a little shopping and had dinner.

Last night we walked around downtown Zwolle, Netherlands with 2 guys from the Abbott plant there, got to see some of the sights, but got dark quickly. They explained the the old city was surrounded by a canal and had a fort built around it. Of course most of it was gone, but there were still parts of it to see.

Part of the problem eating a 3, 4, or 5 course meal in the Netherlands, is they do not get in a hurry!! It took 2.5 hours for dinner and the place was not even crowded. Food portions over here are very small for each course but very tasty. Cannot wait to taste the cooking of my queen (Angela)

Today I taught for 4 hours and Zwolle people taught the other 4 hours, took the train to Amsterdamm about an 1.5 hour ride. This time it was sunny enough to see the countryside. Nothing spectacular, but many small villages with high pitched roofs.

Plane leaves 12:20 PM tomorrow local time 6:20 AM Ohio time so pray for safe travels and no delays. Angelica (AKA baby doll) told me about the big storm, since I have to fly to Chicago on Sunday, I sure want to get home for a little while anyway.

Nothing else much going on, watching the Cleveland Indians playing spring training baseball game, it is good to watch ESPN again!

Continue praying for all those suffering right now, those kinds of wounds do not heal quickly. Pray for protection of all class members and their families. Continue to pray for my mom.

God Bless the USA!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

did you make it?