Monday, February 16, 2009

Ireland Day 2

Here is the link to the hotel I am staying at. www.clarionhotelsligo.com

A couple of interesting facts about the hotel from my perspective:
  1. It is an old mental hospital
  2. The heat comes on at 7:00 PM in the evenings and goes off at 8:00 AM
  3. The floors are numbered, 0 = ground floor, 1 = second floor, 2 = 3rd floor
  4. The rooms numbers do not match the floor they are on, for example all the rooms on the 1st floor which is the ground floor start with 2xxx, the second floor they start with either 1xxx, 3xxx, 5xxx to 8xxx.
  5. My room is on the 3rd floor starts with 4xxx, very odd
  6. I had to wait 90 min yesterday to get a room, due to the valentines weekend crowd. They said every room in the hotel was full on Saturday night. So I took a nap in the lobby and watched people checkout.
  7. My room is huge, 3 separate rooms. The sitting room is a large as my CONNECT Group room at church.
  8. The bedroom has both a twin bed and double bed in it.

Class today went fine. Teach again to tomorrow then 3 hours drive to Dublin to stay the night. Have an early flight out Wednesday AM for Spain. Jet lag worse today than yesterday.

Ipod is now working! Reading Winners Manual by Jim Tressel, so far it is a great book.

Press On!

No comments: