Wednesday, February 18, 2009

travel day

We left Sligo about 8 PM Tuesday and drove to Dublin and stayed at the airport Radisson hotel.

I got up this morning very early in Ireland to fly to Spain. In fact it was so early some of you were probably still awake. I got up at 5: 00 AM Ireland time which was midnight in Ohio. I thought about calling all my family and friends, but decided it was not worth the risk, since I will be coming home this Saturday (YEAH!)

About the only other thing I wanted to mention about Ireland was how hard the beds are. Think of sleeping on a rock or the old medieval torture device the rack and you will know what I mean. That may explain why Irish people drink so much, to numb the pain caused by sleeping on a torture device.

Flight to Spain was uneventful, slept most of the time. Arrived at the Granada plant after a 2 hour drive.

I am traveling with an other Abbott employee, who lives in Ireland. We got to the rental car place in Spain and all they had left were cars with automatic transmissions. David, who is 36, told me he had never driven a car that did not have a manual transmission, very weird. At least the cars in Spain are like American cars, driver on the left, and you drive on the right side of the road. After he accidentally slammed on the brakes about putting me through the windshield, we were fine the rest of the way.

Another interesting thing about Spain I forgot, was that lunch is at 2:00 PM and dinner tonight is at 8:00 Pm. There people flying in today for my class tomorrow from the Netherlands, so we will probably eat with them.

Classes Thursday and Friday and home Saturday. Wonder what Angela has been up to? I know some of my friends from church (Sam?) will update me Sunday.

See you then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to hear about your warm weather and your sun shine! Psh. It's cold, cloudy and rainy here in good ol' Ohio today! I love Spain, though. I went there for two weeks the summer before my Senior year of high school. It was awesome! Which part are you in?

PS: Angela & I would behave. Please. Would you expect anything less? Haha!

Donna Dear said...

why do you think angela would be doing anything?

be safe!

Donna Dear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.