Friday, May 01, 2009

When it rains to pours

God has a great way to keep me from worrying about my surgery, he keeps me busy with other things. In the last 10 days:
  1. The hot water tank broke
  2. The garage door broke
  3. The garbage disposal broke
  4. Gave blood for my surgery
  5. Gave blood for my surgery
  6. Had Pre- op testing with my family doctor
  7. Moved more of Aunt Rhoda's stuff to Chapel Grove
  8. Went for 2 mile walk 3 times
  9. Mowed the yard
  10. Fixed the garage door opener
  11. Got the oil changed in my car
  12. Went to funeral home for Polly Branham

So, as you can see it has been a busy time. I cannot believe how fast time is going.

Yesterday I learned the term for giving blood for yourself, autologous donor, where you donate blood to yourself. Marvin the technical was pretty good, it only took about 6 min for me to donate a unit of blood. We talked about pizza and he mention the best pizza in Columbus is classic pizza, have to look it up.

No other problems, by my nurse from my health insurance called to go over my upcoming surgery, very nice, said she would pray for me. I now have 3 nurses, at least working for me:

  • Doctor Kaufman's nurse
  • The nurse for the Abbott leave center
  • The nurse from my insurance
  • so if I have a question, I really should be able to get an answer somewhere!

When I talked to Dr. Kaufman's nurse this week, I asked about why they did not order a bone scan. She said my Gleason Score was not high enough. The Gleason score is used to help evaluate the prognosis of men with prostate cancer. Mine was low enough where a bone scan was not needed.

Went to the funeral home last night, Audrey Knox, Corey's girlfriend, grandmother died. The queen and I ate dinner at Clay's Cafe in Hebron. I had Stromboli and she had pizza, both very good. I remember that place as kid. We would go there sometimes for the ice cream as a treat, think it was called something else. We will go back, recommend it.

Better get to work on this deary Friday.

Pressing on!




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments: