Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Spain day 2

  • Picking up where I left off, flight over the ocean was great. A - 340 Airplane, large 4 engine type. Got to sit in 1st class with no one next to me. Seats reclined and even went totally flat, if you wanted to sleep. But I could not, since it my body was telling me it was only 11:00 PM.
  • Each seat had it's own TV screen, so I picked 3 movies to watch, Evan Almighty (A), Chaos (A, but not for kids), Georgia Rules (C). Just fell asleep for a few minutes and they turned the lights on and served breakfast.
  • Landed at Madrid and had 1 hour to make my flight to Granada, so in 1 hour I:
  • Went down 3 flights of escalators
  • Took a 15 minute train ride
  • Went back up 3 different escalators
  • Stood in line at customs
  • Went down 3 more escalators
  • took another train ride
  • Went back up 3 more
  • Stood in line at security got pulled out of line due to some batteries in my carry on
  • Walked fast to my gate and made it with only 5 min to spare, I was last on on the plane
  • They had car waiting for me, so made it to the hotel by 10:30 local time, 4:30 AM Ohio time.
  • Took a nap, called my baby doll, who had just started work
  • Took a walk, got lost, found out where I was, made it back to the hotel
  • Cleared email, finished 1 book, talked to the people at the Abbott plant
  • Watching TV right now, only 2 English speaking channels, CNBC and CNN - Europe, ugh!
  • That's about it for today, not hungry, so probably will skip dinner.
  • Granada is a typical, what I thought a European town would look like.
  • All small cars, scooters, or motorcycles
  • narrow streets, many of them 1 way
  • most intersections are "roundabouts", like downtown Newark, but smaller in the middle.
  • Hotel room is small, but OK.

Later, Jeff

No comments: