Friday, October 19, 2007

Spain day 4

  • Started the day riding to the plant with Manolo, he is in charge of all projects at the plant. To my surprise as we were riding to work in his BMW, Elvis came on the radio! He explained that he has an MP3 player in his car and he loves American oldies! How funny, I rode to work listening to the temptations, etc.
  • The class finished up today at 1:00 PM local time, remember they take a lunch break from 1:30 until 3:00 PM everyday. Lunch was uneventful, some kind of bean soup, with a combo platter of small piece of cucumber stuffed with meat, a small hamburger (didn't taste like hamburger), and a small piece of fish.
  • I was supposed to meet with a few individuals in the PM, but they never showed up. I was working catching up on work e-mails, when an ambulance pulled in. After working in factories for almost 30 years, it is never good when an ambulance showed up. About 5:00 PM, I finished all I had to do when they told me there had been an accident in the plant. An 18 year old contract construction worker died in an accident. His father also works on the same construction job, so it was very bad for everyone.
  • When I got back to the hotel I grabbed my camera and headed downtown, probably snapped 20+ pictures of Churches, fountains, streets, etc. Did a little shopping, and ate dinner at a sidewalk cafe. All in all pretty good day.
  • They say that everyone says a twin somewhere in the world, well I saw my sister-in-law Tammy's twin tonight while I was walking, I did a double take, it was weird.
  • Tomorrow is big day, the plant manager set me up on a tour of Alhambra. If you Google it you will find it is an ancient Arab palace that is still standing, a full report tomorrow night.
  • Sunday is a travel day to Ireland, which means I that much closer to coming home!!
  • BONUS Question: Guess how many miles I am travelling on this trip: Columbus to New York to Madrid, Spain to Granada, Spain to Malaga, Spain to Dublin, Ireland to Sligo, Ireland back to Dublin then on the Atlanta and finally back to Columbus.
  • Winner gets a free Angela Salyer dessert! (Love you honey!) Only answers submitted as replies to this posting count. So have the kids get the globes and maps out and get started, winner announced next weekend when I return home. Correct answer based on the miles printed out on my flight itinerary.

4 comments:

Donna Dear said...

My current guess is - 10,818 miles. How much does your flight count toward frequently flier miles? Come home safely.

Smiths Family Blog said...

Its 10097.6 miles. I would like a Key Lime Cheese Cake please. Thanks Angela.

Smiths Family Blog said...

Depends on your airline, if your flying american airlines, its 21412. Still need that Key Lime Cheese Cake. Thanks.

Shawn Gierling said...

I'll take Buckeye Cheesecake on 10,082 miles.