Saturday, October 20, 2007

Spain - Final

Today was the last day to be in Spain, went to Alhambra and it was amazing!! It was a palace and fort in the 12th century, the hand carvings that were done are hard to believe. The ceiling in king's throne room was made from cedar with ivory inlaid. I took about 100 pictures, hope they turn out.

I, of course, was the only American. There was a couple from France that spoke a little English, a couple from Italy and 1 from Mexico, all helped me out. I felt like I was getting a private tour, because our tour guide would explain everything in Spanish, and then come to me and explain it again in English. The amazing thing to me is that Heaven will make that palace look like a dump, when you think about it. The palace was beautiful, but the colors had faded and much of had been restored. I do not think there is ever any remodeling going on in heaven! Just lots of new construction, praise the Lord!

The only funny thing from the tour was another older German couple from Brazil. He spoke fair English, but did not have anything good to say about the Arabs, wonder what he was doing during WW 2?

Afterwards, I came back and cleared my email and took a nap.

Got up and made my last shopping trip in Spain. Got Angela a real nice ... (sorry have to wait until I can give it to her).

Actually ordered my dinner tonight in Spanish all by myself, "quatro with grande coke." That's right I ate where good Americans eat when in Spain, Burger King! Hey I just wanted something that reminded of USA. (#4 combo meal with a large coke). IT WAS VERY GOOD!

That's about all for today, on to Ireland tomorrow.

No comments: