Thursday, October 18, 2007

Spain day 3

Well, I finally got to do some of the training I came here to do. It went very well, according to the plant manager, and I finish up tomorrow.

A couple of observations:
  1. My hotel room has 2 twin beds
  2. The worlds narrowest shower, I know I am not tiny, but I should I really have to stand sideways to take a shower?
  3. No shower curtain on the shower, only about 6 inches of tile enclosure is all that keeps the water off the floor
  4. My room has only 3 electric outlets total, 1 for the TV, 1 for the Mini frig, and 1 for the lamp in the corner, all on the same wall about 12 inches total apart. Most of you know that I have sleep apnea and sleep with a CPAP machine. So I had to put the pillow where my feet usually go, unplugged the lamp, but I did not realize that the light switch also controls the light over my head, so I quickly went to Plan B, which was unplug the TV. I could only take so much about the Dali Lama visiting the White House anyway.
  5. You also have to leave your door key in this special slot inside your room or you have no power for anything! Spain must be a country that saves lots of power, the AC in the training room today felt like it was set on 80 and some still had sweaters on.
  6. On the way home, as the cab was leaving the plant, we went about a mile and had to stop and wait of the goats and sheep to cross the road.
  7. Think I mentioned earlier that they eat late, well it is true, lunch was from 1:30 to 2:30 and 1 of the guys is picking me up for dinner at 8:30! Food today was OK, pork chops, potato soup, french fries that were fried in something different, the fries were a little too greasy for me. Hopefully tonight will be something good with a local flavor.
  8. Talked to my baby doll (Angela) and she told me about Rochelle Andrews, thanks to those who helped with food. I think Billy would appreciate chitterlings, to remind him of Mississippi!!
  9. That all for now.

No comments: